How it Works:
Acupuncture for Breech Babies
Moxibustion (the term for warming a point on the small toe with compressed mugwort) is a technique that has been used for turning breech babies for millenia. It is still widely employed throughout Asia and has become popular in Western cultures as a way to avoid possible c-section.
- When: 34-36 weeks gestation (the earlier the better)
- One office visit with moxibustion + acupuncture
- 10-days of self-moxibustion at home (we’ll teach you how)
- Follow-up office visit (as needed) with moxibustion + acupuncture
- Our Success Rate: 40-60% of cases result in head-down presentation and normal vaginal delivery.
Acupuncture to Support Labor
- When: As close as possible to your due date
- Frequency: As often as every other day
- Our Success Rate: 70-80% of cases go into spontaneous labor without induction