Planning a natural birth in Boulder County? Join us for an informative and relaxing class on how to effectively use acupressure in childbirth!
When: 3rd Wednesday of every month
Location: Well Woman Acupuncture, 75 Manhattan Drive, Suite 106, Boulder, CO 80303
We know you have many choices in childbirth education, with each class offering different strategies and techniques for pregnancy, labor and delivery. There is validity to all of them, and we encourage you to find the class that suits you. This class should be considered an additional tool to be utilized in conjunction with those other techniques you have learned, offering age-old methods that provide modern, physiological results.
Acupressure is an effective therapy that can promote more effective contractions, provide pain relief, and foster focused calm during labor. In addition, it is a way for you to connect with your partner, inviting him or her to be involved with the process in a hands-on way before labor even begins, giving you both the tools to maintain focus during labor & delivery.
In addition to acupressure, studies have shown that regular acupuncture in the weeks leading up to delivery is associated with improved cervical dilation, increased uterine contractions and shortened labor duration. Because of these findings, we recommend pre-birth acupuncture treatments beginning in week 35. Once labor has begun, acupuncture is incredibly effective for helping labor progress and for reducing pain.
Instructors: Brittany Lark, LAc. and Kandace Cahill, LAc.
In this 1 ½ hour class, we will:
• Explore the history and theory of acupuncture/acupressure for labor
• Discuss different indications for acupressure and points used for each
• Learn hands-on location of specific acupressure points
• Learn techniques for safe and effective application of acupressure
• Practice appropriate techniques for stage of pregnancy and learn how & when to use labor-specific techniques
• Receive a booklet on acupressure points and techniques to take home
• Yoga mat or soft cushion
• Comfortable pillows
• Notepad & pen
$100; Includes free Acupressure for Pregnancy booklet
• Each class is one session only. You will not need to come to more than one session. Sessions are repeated once each month, on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
• Registration is limited to 5 couples per session.
• Registration must be made at least one week in advance of class. Payment is due in full at time of registration. Registration may be cancelled with at least 48 hours notice. Refunds will not be granted with less than 48 hours notice.
• Waitlist reservations will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register: Online booking is currently unavailable. To register, please choose one of the options below:
• Call our office at (303) 499-1965
• Register by email, by submitting the following information:
- Names of both participants
- Contact phone number and email addresses
- Name of physician or midwife
- We will then contact you to arrange a phone payment for your class. Registration is not complete until payment has been made. If payment is not received at least one week prior to class date, class spot will be forfeited.
Or fill out the fields below and we will contact you by phone or email to complete your registration.