- Pain (of any kind, any location): pain creates systemic inflammation that wears on your immune system.
- Stress: chronic stress taxes the adrenal system and plays a role in systemic inflammation, both of which strain the immune system.
- Anxiety or depression: these do the same as stress
- Insomnia: sleep deprivation also taxes the adrenal system and reduces the body’s ability to fight disease.
- Digestive upset
- Frequent illness
- And so much more…
Well Woman Is Expanding to Longmont!
I am so excited to announce the opening of our 2nd location, Well Woman North, located in Old Town Longmont! We will begin seeing patients on November 16th.
Why Longmont? Shortly after my family and I moved to Longmont in 2015, I recognized a need for a women’s health practice in this community. While Longmont boasts several outstanding acupuncture clinics, it became apparent that the growing demand for quality health care warranted the addition of another acupuncture practice. And one that is focused solely on women’s health seemed a necessity.
I also wanted to build something closer to home, to settle in and establish deep roots in this town I’ve come to love, and to contribute to the economic prosperity of our thriving community. Well Woman Acupuncture is in a position to do that, having achieved tremendous success in Boulder over the past 10 years.
I attribute this success to our unwavering commitment to knowledge and innovation in the field of Chinese medicine, as well as a deep compassion for our patients that drives us to go above and beyond the standard of care. It is my mission to provide this same level of care at our 2nd location, and to give patients the expertise and authentic support that they deserve and have come to expect from Well Woman Acupuncture.
Patients have already been asking how it will work. Here is the break down of the logistics:
- The Boulder office will continue to serve as our main clinic, with a full in-house pharmacy and staff. The Longmont location will be smaller initially, as we look for our permanent clinic home (we are temporarily going to be located in Community Roots Midwife Collective, as we search for a larger clinic space), and will not have an in-house pharmacy. Longmont herb orders will be sent by courier.
- Longmont hours will be minimal until early 2017, with appointment availability on Wednesdays only.
- We are welcoming a new acupuncturist, Krystal, in January! After she is all settled into her new role, she and I will be dividing our time between the two clinics so that each location has full-time appointment availability! We will also be adding amazing massage therapy at the Longmont clinic as well.
- Online booking is available for both locations. Simply choose your desired location from the drop-down menu on the Book Now page. Appointments are available for Longmont starting on Nov 16th.
If you have any questions or need help booking an appointment, don’t hesitate to call us. And pass the word on to your Longmont friends! We’d love to see you there.
by Kandace Cahill, DAOM, L.Ac, FABORM
Welcome to our first installment of The Path to Parenthood—a collection of three special articles related to the most important times around mamahood: fertility, pregnancy and postpartum. In each of these short articles, we’re going to delve into these topics and talk about why Chinese medicine is an indispensable tool for improving outcomes, as well as answering many questions, dispelling myths and creating new awareness around self-care.
Our first topic is FERTILITY, which makes up a large percentage of what we treat at WWA. This is obviously the cornerstone of parenthood, as fertility challenges dictate our ability to create the families we desire. Unfortunately, these challenges are becoming increasingly prevalent worldwide and assisted reproduction (such as IVF) has become BIG BUSINESS.